Senior Quality Engineer
Company: Disability Solutions
Location: Overland Park
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Design solutions to drive safe living and quality of lifeSenior
Quality EngineerHoneywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and
manufactures technologies to address critical challenges linked to
global macrotrends such as safety, security, productivity, global
urbanization, and energy. With approximately 129,000 employees
worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists,
Honeywell has an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and
technology in everything they make and do. Honeywell has been named
a Top 100 Global Innovator for seven years in a row, recognizing
the company's global reach of portfolio and invention influence.In
Kansas City, Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies
(FM&T) manages and operates the U.S. Department of
Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration's (NNSA) Kansas
City National Security Campus. This state-of-the-art engineering,
manufacturing, and sourcing facility produces a wide array of
intricate components to deliver trusted national security products
and government services primarily for the NNSA. Honeywell
FM&T's culture of integrity, commitment and continuous
improvement enables them to deliver responsive, collaborative, and
innovative management and technology services and products that
translate into cutting edge solutions to complex national security
issues.*This position is located in Overland Park, KS*Key
- Develops and assesses inspection operation sequences, methods,
gages, and inspection equipment and writes detailedinstructions for
the inspection process.--
- Participate in definition reviews to ensure translation of
design agency concepts into production items that aremanufacturable
- Interact with design agency engineers and suppliers to assist
in resolving design, development, production andacceptance
- Utilizes data driven decision making to manage first pass
yield, through-put, and continuous improvements to metricsand
trends, utilizes Six Sigma methodology.
- Provides technical assistance to suppliers and inspection
- Provides technical consultation to management and others, and
leads technical project teams for complex engineering
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in
accordance with established ES&H requirements to ensure the
protection of associates, the public, and the environment.
- Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition
or action is identified.
- Every associate has the right and responsibility to stop work
when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
- Some travel (10-25%) is required.--YOU MUST HAVE
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept. of
Energy Q-level security clearance.
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited Engineering
program or Bachelor's of Science degree in Physicsfrom an
- Six or more years of relevant experience in engineering,
analytical, or related technical activities.WE VALUE
- Ability to analyze engineering drawings and specifications to
develop effective acceptance processes and improveexisting
- Experience and Proficiency in GD&T and CMM
- Demonstrated ability to lead quality improvement projects.
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools and
methodology; Lean or Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Effective verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability and willingness to drive change and challenge/improve
- Demonstrated project management and leadership skills.
- Ability to evaluate situations, determine corrective--measures,
plan and lead other employees and suppliers to execute plans to
meet customer deliverables.FMT2021--Additional Information
JOB ID: req409913Category:
EngineeringLocation: 6700 W 115th St,Overland
Park,Kansas,66211,United StatesExemptMust have or be eligible for a
security clearance due to contractual requirements.Honeywell
FM&T OverviewHoneywell is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age,
race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Overland Park , Senior Quality Engineer, Engineering , Overland Park, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!