Deputy Director of Personal Health Services
Company: Lenawee County, MI
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Please look for the Applicant Submission Message and an
Applicant Submission E-mail for confirmation that your application
was successfully submitted. You may need to check your junk folder.
If you do not receive these notifications you have not fully
submitted your application. Thank you for your interest in an
employment opportunity with Lenawee County. Deputy Director of
Personal Health Services
Closes On: April 16, 2021
Location: Human Services Building, Adrian, MI 49221
Department: Health Department
Job Status: Full-Time
Days Worked: Mon., Tue., Wed., Thu., Fri.
Rate of Pay: NU7550 $32.2829/hr - $34.5428/hr
Status: Accepting Applications
Details: Resume upload required. Apply Now This individual
supervises program staff and participates in program/clinic
management, administration, implementation, and evaluation. The
Deputy Director manages the development, implementation and
evaluation of Personal Health program policies, procedures and
protocols. This person also participates in the daily oversight of
the operation of assigned programs following the goals, objectives,
policies and procedures, and standards of the Lenawee County Health
Department and appropriate State agencies. SUPERVISION RECEIVED :
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director
Personal Health Services SUPERVISION EXERCISED : Supervision is
exercised over Personal Health Nurses and ancillary staff PRIMARY
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES : An employee in this class may be
called upon to do any or all of the following: (These examples do
not include all of the tasks which the employee may be expected to
- Manage staff assignments and program scheduling
- Supervise the performance of all personal health staff.
- Provide ongoing staff training to ensure staff competency.
- Encourage ongoing professional development of individual staff
members through assignments with appropriate training and
- Evaluate the performance of staff regularly; identify strengths
and weaknesses; provide methods for improvement of staff
- Assist in the development of plans to meet program needs.
- Assists in managing and maintaining effectiveness of the
Electronic Health record. Maintains competency through
participation in the Netsmart monthly Public Health User group
meetings and product releases.
- Is an associate member of the MALPH Nurse administration forum,
and at a minimum participates in monthly conference calls.
- Monitors all MSA bulletins, takes action as needed, forwards to
appropriate staff as indicated.
- Work closely with the Personal Health Director to ensure
quality Programming and staffing. Assumes the role of Director when
- Active participant of the Department Administrative Team.
- Identify community coalitions and or groups and actively
participate in collaborative efforts.
- Perform related work as required; this includes specialized
assigned duties in the event of a public health emergency.
- Knowledge of the core functions and essential services of
- Through knowledge of the principles and objectives of public
health administration, and/or public health education, and/or
public health nursing, and public health programs.
- Skills in management and supervisory principles and
- Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate public health
- Ability to utilize reports for planning and evaluating
- Ability to review and analyze epidemiologic investigations
performed by staff for accuracy, completeness and effectiveness of
- Ability to work effectively with other officials, employees and
the general public.
- Computer literate using electronic medical records systems,
word, excel and publisher with ability to be trained on additional
software programs. QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing or related field, Master's degree
- Considerable experience in Public Health, at least 3 years of
Registered Nursing experience in a Public Health or related
environment with demonstration of leadership experience of at least
- Possession of a current license to practice as a Registered
Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
- CPR certification. WORK CONDITIONS
- Work hours may vary to meet departmental needs.
- Periodic travel to attend conferences and meetings is
- Availability to respond to departmental emergencies/crisis
situations during non-routine work hours is required. Physical
Requirements Duties require sufficient mobility to work in a normal
office setting and use standard office equipment including a
computer, vision to read printed materials and a computer screen
and hearing and speech sufficient to communicate in person or over
the telephone. Duties require sufficient mobility to work in a
clinical setting and use of associated equipment. Should be able to
bend, stretch, reach and lift up to 25 pounds. The physical demands
and work environment described here are representative of those
that should be met by an employee to perform the essential
functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Additional Information Department: Health
Overtime Exempt: Yes
Union: Non-Union, Full-Time (37.50 hours per week/1,950 hours per
Pay Grade: NU7550 (Starting hourly rate $32.2829)
Work Location: Human Services Building Fringe benefits include:
Health, Dental, Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short Term
Disability, Long Term Disability, 401(a) Money Purchase Plan,
Accrued paid leave, various holidays and optional vision insurance
and SmartDollar Financial Wellness Program. Additional employment
information may be found on the Lenawee County Website.
www.lenawee.mi.us > Government > Human Resources Disclaimer
To perform this position successfully, and individual must be able
to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements
listed above are representative of the knowledge skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LENAWEE COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Keywords: Lenawee County, MI, Overland Park , Deputy Director of Personal Health Services, Executive , Adrian, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!