Director of Worship at Faith Church
Company: The Gospel Coalition
Location: Overland Park
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Faith Church is a multi-generational, EFCA (efca.org) church in
Rio Rancho, NM a suburb of Albuquerque. We are looking for a
full-time Director of Worship to lead the church in all aspects of
musical worship. We currently have two identical Sunday morning
services averaging around 400 people.The Director of Worship shall
lead and oversee the worship ministry of the church and will
collaborate with other pastors in the planning and leading of the
Sunday morning gathering. This person will be responsible to plan,
recruit, administrate and shepherd the volunteers within the
worship ministry. The Director of Worship will report to the Lead
Pastor.Job DescriptionPRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leading and Facilitating Worship for the Sunday Morning
Services:To prepare and lead worship, or to help others who will
lead the Sunday morning services. This would include putting
together the worship team for that week; rehearsal with the worship
teamprior to the service; collaborating with the Lead Pastor on
song selection, readings, and prayer for the service; and any other
facets that would be a part of the service.
- Administration and Planning for the Worship Team: To
communicate with the worship team in a timely manner. This would
include scheduling the worship team; scheduling and preparation of
rehearsal; advance planning for Sunday morning services and other
events; to oversee the maintenance of the audio and visual
equipment (whether done personally or empower a volunteer to do);
and to manage the budgeted lines associated with the position.
- Oversight of the Worship Team Members: To lead those involved
with the worship ministry. This includes recruitment of people to
the worship team; training and equipping where needed; and giving
oversight to the congregation as a whole with respect to
- Shepherding Care: To shepherd the people of the worship team as
well as the congregation. This would include care to people through
counsel; prayer; and any exhortation or encouragement that is
- Affirm the Faith Church and EFCA Statement of Faith.
- Willing to serve and participate as part of a ministry
- Skilled in leading and managing volunteers.
- Possess strong communication and administration skills.
- Committed devotional and prayer life.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university is preferred but
- 2+ years of experience in a related field is preferred but
- Possess a biblical understanding of worship
- Be a skilled musician able to lead with a group or alone
(though leading every week is not required nor encouraged)
- Be able to communicate clearly in the Sunday morning
- Be proficient or willing to become proficient in the use of
modern communications technology (Pro Presenter, Planning Center,
- Have a working knowledge of the technical tools required for
worship (Sound board, microphones, microphone lines, etc.)SPIRITUAL
- Demonstrates a stable, mature, Spirit-led walk with Jesus
- Willing to become a member of Faith Church and work under the
direction of the Elders and Lead PastorWORK SCHEDULE:A typical work
week is Sunday-Thursday, but the schedule is very flexible,
particularly when there is requirements or responsibilities that
take up weekends or evenings. Faith Church is committed to honoring
and protecting time with family, and for self. However, there are
key times and hours that the Worship Director will be expected to
be available in the office. There is an expectation that he will
attend regularly scheduled meetings and events with other pastoral
staff.PAY AND BENEFITS:
- Expected range for starting salary will be in $50,000-$55,000
range. Actual amount will be determined by the Elder Board and will
be based on education and experience.
- You will receive an additional $400 per month for retirement
- Church ministry budget lines to help with ministry-related
- Health benefits are not included.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation and 2 personal days per year.
- 6-week Sabbatical every 5 years.
- Sick days are accumulated at one sick day for every two months
(max accrual 30 days).
- A private furnished office will be provided in the church
building.How To ApplyIf you would like more information about the
role or would like to submit a resume, please contact Val Prigge
email@example.com.Non-Denominational church in Des
Moines, Washington is hiring a Music DirectorTruro Anglican Church
exists to celebrate and proclaim the good news of the gospel. Our
next Director of Worship will help us do just that.Live at the
BEACH: work-life balance! If you love Jesus with your music and
want to lead others, you could minister at the Crystal Coast.church
in Enterprise, Alabama is hiring a Minister of MusicThe worship
leader must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to
God.This person will serve as primary administrator of the Worship
and Creative Arts ministries of the church.
Keywords: The Gospel Coalition, Overland Park , Director of Worship at Faith Church, Executive , Overland Park, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!