Company: American Multi-Cinema, Inc.
Location: Overland Park
Posted on: November 14, 2023
5724 W 136th Terrace, Overland Park, KS 66223
Free movies, free popcorn, flex schedules...and more! Supervise and
coordinate operations of the kitchen (in a casual-dining
environment) to achieve AMC's goals. Provide leadership and
development, and communicate expectations to all back-of-house
associates in a professional and safe work environment.
Build strong communication, leadership, and time management skills
at AMC, and take advantage of our opportunities for career
advancement. AMC team members enjoy a very competitive benefits
package including, accrued vacation/absentee time,
medical/dental/vision coverage, 401(k) match, free popcorn daily,
half off eats and drinks at the theatre, and most importantly for
us movie people...FREE movies!
AMC's company culture is focused on innovation and diversity to
ensure that we provide the latest and greatest experience for our
guests and associates. We lead by example in doing what is right
and take responsibility for our own results and our company's
- Culinary degree preferred.
- One year "line" experience in a high-volume kitchen.
- One year experience in kitchen operations and execution.
- Certified as a ServSafe instructor and proctor.
- Kitchen and food safety training (ServSafe or equivalent).
- Completed Allergen training.
- Proficiency in MS Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure and take control
during high-demand business circumstances.
- Strong analytical, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Current and relevant knowledge and trends of the food service
industry. ESSENTIAL KITCHEN FUNCTIONS
- Validate entire crew's adherence to recipes to ensure
consistent food quality and presentation.
- Ensure Line checks are completed twice daily to validate food
safe temperatures, ingredient quality and readiness for volume.
Develop and coach associates through review of their completed line
- Ensure prep lists are generated daily so appropriate amounts of
prepared products are available at all times.
- Complete essential kitchen functions and ensure tasks are
- Confirm the usage of the pull thaw to ensure frozen items are
- Ability to understand and develop prep lists and order guides
with par levels.
- Place all orders using order guides and suggestive ordering
within the inventory management system and receive orders using
- Complete and record kitchen menu reviews twice daily.
- Ensure that 2-stage cooling is in place for all necessary
prepped food items and that the temperatures are recorded.
- Maintain budgeted food cost using all tools within inventory
- Ensure successful delivery of the daily and weekly budgets,
goals, and objectives.
- Maintain communication with kitchen leadership to ensure cooks
are properly assembling food orders within established average
- Follow all procedures to ensure that the facility is clean,
safe, and in good repair for associates and guests.
- Maintain kitchen equipment by following manufacturer's
operating instructions, educating staff on proper use, maintaining
equipment supplies, and contacting vendors for repairs as
- Ensure sanitation and food safety standards are met through
completing Food Safety Self Audits.
- Ensure all changes and updates are communicated to the
appropriate associates and are in place on time. ESSENTIAL
- Lead and develop back-of-house staff to perform the "Essential
Functions" of their positions.
- Provide direct supervision and guidance to back-of-house staff
- Display effective oral and written communication skills to
provide clear direction, resolve disagreements, influence strong
performance, and produce clear and concise documentation with
- Schedule back-of-house associates within company scheduling
- Manage work environments that achieve high levels of job
satisfaction among team members.
- Maintaining equipment supplies and contacting vendors for
repairs as necessary.
- Hiring, training, developing and appropriately disciplining
- Work effectively with supervisors, peers, subordinates, guests,
vendors, and corporate partners.
- Take ownership of the successful completion of personal
- Ability to work and meet deadlines with minimal
- Maintain regular personal attendance for all scheduled
- Uphold AMC's Business Practice Standards and ensure compliance
with company programs.
- All other functions as designated by the General Manager, or
Senior Manager - Dine-In Theatres (where applicable). UNIFORM
- Provided by Theatre: AMC-issued shirt (chef coat), black pants,
black belt, nametag
- Provided by Associate: Black non-slip shoes, socks AMC and its
subsidiaries are committed to equal employment opportunity and
complies with all applicable federal, state, and local employment
laws. AMC strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination
and will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants
without regard to an applicant's race, color, religion, creed,
gender, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, military
status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other reason
prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law, regulation,
or ordinance. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, promotion,
discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of
Minimum Job Requirements
- Age 18 or older.
- 6 months of food handling experience.
- Minimum of six months supervisory or commensurate leadership
- Ability to obtain any required food or alcohol service licenses
or certifications (e.g. T.I.P.S.). Requirements to be performed,
with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Standing, walking, lifting, twisting, and bending on a frequent
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and carry it up to 90 feet (or
deposit into dumpster or trash compactor).
AMC amazing. That's the promise we deliver to nearly 35,000
associates, 240 million guests domestically, and 350 million guests
worldwide each year. AMC has propelled industry innovation since
1920, and we continue to innovate by delivering premium sight and
sound, new and improved food and beverage options, and diverse
content in our state-of-the-art theatres. We focus on delivering
friendly, superior service to our guests. We lead by example, have
fun, and give back to the communities in which we live and work. If
you feel motivated and energized by our culture, and if you can
name your three favorite movies in the next 30 seconds, then AMC
may be the right place for you. We offer competitive compensation,
excellent benefits, and an environment that encourages teamwork,
inclusion, collaboration, and results.
5724 W 136th Terrace
Pay Rate Type
Keywords: American Multi-Cinema, Inc., Overland Park , Kitchen Manager, Executive , Overland Park, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!