Paramedic - Part Time - EMS - Anderson County
Company: St. Luke's of Kansas City
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Anderson County Hospital, part of the Saint Luke's Health System,
is hiring for a Paramedic. We are the only ambulance service for
all of Anderson County. This role offers the opportunity to have a
variety of responsibilities and allows you to use all of your
skills. The Paramedic position works inside of the Emergency Room
performing advanced life support, IV starts, assist with cardiac
arrest patients and provides EMS services to the county. This
position is also responsible for patient transfers to and from
other facilities and assists with hospital security.
This position will work two 24 hour shifts and one 12 hour on call
shift per week.
* Provide advanced ALS skills often under arduous circumstances in
the prehospital environment.
* Provide critical care transportation to appropriate healthcare
* Responsible for triage to efficiently assess and prioritize
patients according to acuity of their condition to provide
emergency care including a variety of invasive and noninvasive
procedures and any procedures as may be deemed necessary by
ordering physician based on practice standards.
* Assists the RN and ED provider in providing care for patients
undergoing emergency care in the emergency department.
* Mentor and specializes in planning and providing care for
patients contaminated or injured from an environment agent such as
nuclear chemical and biological terrorism.
* Secures hospital and Family Care Center by verifying designated
entrances are locked each night.
* Provides first line security for hospital if secured entrances
have been breached until law enforcement arrives.
Why Saint Luke's?
* The opportunity to use your skills in the Emergency Department
and in the field.
* Positive workplace culture that supports and empowers staff.
* Various Continuing Education, Leadership and other career
* Saint Luke's offers competitive salaries, retirement, and
benefits packages to all of their employees, click here to find out
Advanced Cardiac Life Support - American Heart Association or Red
Cross, Basic Life Support - American Heart Association or Red
Cross, Driver's License - Class E - Various, Paramedic (KS) -
Kansas Board of Emergency Medical Services, Pediatric Advanced Life
Support - American Heart Association or Red Cross
Swing (United States of America)
The best place to get care. The best place to give care. Saint
Luke's 12,000 employees strive toward that vision every day. Our
employees are proud to work for the only faith-based, nonprofit,
locally owned health system in Kansas City. Joining Saint Luke's
means joining a team of exceptional professionals who strive for
excellence in patient care. Do the best work of your career within
a highly diverse and inclusive workspace where all voices
Join the Kansas City region's premiere provider of health services.
Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire only non-tobacco users.
Effective November 1st, 2021, full COVID-19 vaccination is a
condition of employment for all Saint Luke's Health System
employees unless a medical or religious exemption is
Keywords: St. Luke's of Kansas City, Overland Park , Paramedic - Part Time - EMS - Anderson County, Healthcare , Garnett, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!