Operating Room Technician - ORT job in Belton, MO
Company: Gifted Healthcare
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Operating Room Technician (ORT) Travel Job
Operating Room Technicians ORT scrub in on orthopedic, spine,
urology, and pain management cases. ORTs must work well with other
health team members to achieve total patient care. Our preferred
Operating Room Tech ORT candidate is well-organized and good at
anticipating the surgeon's needs.
Operating Room Technician ORT Responsibilities:
- Ensure the presence of all instruments, equipment, and supplies
necessary for procedures; inspect instruments to ensure all
required items are available.
- ORT performs surgical scrub technique and gown and glove
procedure for self and surgical team; maintains a sterile field and
takes immediate action to correct any breaks in technique.
- Perform specimen reconciliation and care for and identify
- Operating Room Technician ORT assists with procedure room
turnovers and close-of-day activities.
- Transfer specimens to pathology for pickup.
- Operating Room Tech documents patient-care records and other
forms according to facility policies and procedures.
- Assist the physician and occasionally an RN during diagnostic
and therapeutic procedures.
- ORT cleans clinical area before and after procedures and
properly dispose of contaminated supplies and equipment.
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for the patient and
staff by complying with facility requirements and safety
- Surgical Technician assists in the transport and positioning of
patients when necessary.
- Operating Room Tech washes, assembles, sterilizes, and stores
instruments and supplies, and ensures they are static functional
- Maintain a clean and orderly instrument/equipment processing
area (e.g., inventory, shelves, counters, equipment), determine
whether each item is in good working condition, and check equipment
indicators for proper static functions.
- ORT assists circulating nurse in obtaining supplies, equipment,
and opening of room, as necessary.
- ORT leak tests scope after every procedure and inspects
instruments/equipment for damage and defects.
Keywords: Gifted Healthcare, Overland Park , Operating Room Technician - ORT job in Belton, MO, Healthcare , Belton, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!