Speech Language Pathologist/Therapist (SLP)
Company: Polaris Health & Wellness of Raymore
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Polaris Health & Wellness of Raymore - BASIC FUNCTION -The
licensed therapist evaluates and treats patients and communicates
with patients, clients and team members. The licensed therapist
maintains documentation of services in the medical record. Conducts
in-services and training for patients, clients and team members on
an ongoing basis in restorative techniques.
-CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES -
- Supervise Therapist Assistants and therapy students in direct
patient care to carry out plan of care and patient related
activities per state practice act and reimbursement
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and team building approach with
all patients, clients and team members.
- Consistently attends work and provides appropriate notice for
scheduled paid time off
- Maintains productivity standard as determined by supervisor and
- Demonstrates consistent knowledge and application of Medicare
and other reimbursement regulations.
- Evaluate patients based upon the physician
- Develop effective treatment plans with functional, goal based
outcomes and ensure approval /orders for services from referring
- Treat patients according to treatment plan.
- Record clinical documentation according to accepted regulatory
and professional guidelines.
- Record daily treatment charges per approved billing
- Instruct families and nursing staff regarding restorative/home
- Participate in discharge planning.
- Communicate with supervisor and other health team members
regarding patient progress, problems and plans.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team meetings, patient care
conferences, utilization review meetings, and other meetings as
required or directed.
- Participate in in-service training program for other staff at
- Participate in facility performance improvement
- Coordinate with members of other departments, attending
physicians, committee members, and other staff within the Rehab
- Perform other duties as required or directed
- Screen patients based upon identified need.
- Assist with cleaning maintenance of treatment area and
- Secure necessary durable medical equipment and adaptive
equipment for patients.
- Report any problems with department equipment to appropriate
personnel so that it is maintained in good working order.
- Travel or float between facilities as determined by supervisor
and patient needs.
EXPOSURE RISK -The Staff Therapist is at high risk for exposure to
blood and body fluids. -
SUPERVISION RECEIVED -Reports to the Director of Rehab or Designee
for both administrative and patient care responsibilities. -
SUPERVISION EXERCISED -Supervises Assistants, rehab techs,
temp/provisional licensees and therapy students. -
- Works in well-lighted/ventilated office and therapy
- Sitting, standing, bending, lifting and moving intermittently
during working hours.
- Subject to frequent interruptions.
- Involved with patients, family members, personnel, etc., under
- Subject to hostile and emotionally upset patients, family
- Communicates with the medical staff, nursing personnel, and
other department supervisors.
- Willingness to work beyond normal working hours, and in other
positions temporarily, when necessary.
- Must be constantly alert for patient's safety.
- Attend and participate in continuing educational programs. May
involve overnight travel.
- Subject to falls, burns from equipment, infectious diseases,
odors, etc., throughout the workday.
- Subject to lifting, carrying and supporting patients.
- Licensed and able to travel between facilities as indicated by
- Mobile phone use is only permitted during break and non paid
allocated lunch times. Phones should be kept on vibrate at all
QUALIFICATIONS -EDUCATION/LICENSURE -Graduate of an accredited
college or university with a valid state license or eligibility to
obtain license in state where services are provided. -PHYSICAL
- Must be able to move (walk, stoop, bend, stand, sit push, pull,
and lift) intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to speak the English language in an understandable
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of
- Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will
enable these senses to function adequately, so that the
requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with patients,
clients and team members.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly,
emotionally upset, and at times, hostile people within the
- Must be able to lift patients, medical equipment, supplies,
etc. to 50 lbs.
Keywords: Polaris Health & Wellness of Raymore, Overland Park , Speech Language Pathologist/Therapist (SLP), Healthcare , Raymore, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!