Registered Nurse Cardiac Cath Lab
Location: Overland Park
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Description -If you're ready to specialize, now is the time to
join our StaRN Plus Cardiac Cath Lab Program! Apply today! Cohort
begins October 23, 2023Paid 11 weeks of training (interactive
classroom - & hands on training plus clinical
preceptorship)Overland Park Regional Medical Center is committed to
investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more
efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered
care? Submit your application for RN Cardiac Cath Lab position and
spend more time at the bedside with the patient.BenefitsOverland
Park Regional Medical Center offers a total rewards package that
supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues.
The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether
you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role,
shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver
clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case
management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at Overland
Park Regional Medical Center!Job Summary and QualificationsCath Lab
nurses are experts at providing compassionate care and preparing
patients undergoing various cardiac procedures such as
catheterization and angioplasty. They have high-level critical
thinking skills, vast clinical knowledge, and are able to stay calm
under pressure. About this unit:
- Procedures done in the cath lab/hybrid range from but not
limited to diagnostic heart caths, interventional heart caths,
TAVR, TMVR, watchman and cardiomems.
- The lab also works with vascular surgeons and performs many
- Specialized area with high acuity and close collaboration with
- Typical schedule: Monday - Friday 7-3:30pm; rotating call to
cover emergency IR and STEMI Responsibilities:
- Under the general direction of the Director of Cardiology, the
RN coordinates and provides patient care and assumes individual
responsibility and accountability for the provision of nursing care
as related to the Cardiology Department.
- Administers medications, monitors patient vital signs/EKG,
performs continual patient assessment during patient's stay in the
- Documents accurate nursing records and patient data.
- Coordinates patient teaching and post procedure assessment.
Performs emergency cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Assists in in-service education.
- Collects and assembles data for data base, outcome analysis and
performance improvement. What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- Current state nursing license required; BLS certification
required, ACLS certification required within 6 months of
employment. Excellent interpersonal and team skills required. Basic
computer knowledge preferred.
- Minimum of one year nursing experience in a cardiology related
field required. Previous cardiovascular laboratory or critical care
experience preferred. This role requires you to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or
regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).Overland Park Regional Medical Center is a 340+ bed
facility offering acute medical services to our patients. We are
Johnson County's only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Level II
Trauma Center. We have an Accredited Stroke and Chest Pain Center.
Our hospital is a premier area destination for Women's & Children's
healthcare services. We offer the region's only Maternal Fetal
Health Center to care for critically ill mothers and their babies.
Our hospital has an antepartum unit, a labor and delivery unit, and
a Level III NICU. We have four emergency rooms, including a
dedicated Pediatric emergency room and two freestanding ERs located
in Olathe and Shawnee. Each year our colleagues treat over 45,000
patients. Caring for patients is more than a job for us, it's our
mission and our calling. OPRMC is part of HCA Midwest Health,
Kansas City's leading healthcare provider in the region.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies - by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. ---In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses
and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a
healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive Join a family
that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing
candidates for our RN Clinician Cath Lab opening. Apply today and a
member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: Nurse.com, Overland Park , Registered Nurse Cardiac Cath Lab, Healthcare , Overland Park, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!