Registered Nurse Neuro Trauma
Location: Overland Park
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Description Are you looking for a work environment as a
Part-Time Neuro Trauma Registered Nurse where diversity and
inclusion thrive? Submit your application with -Overland Park
Regional Medical Center -today and find out what it truly means to
be a part of the HCA Healthcare team. We are committed to providing
our employees with the support they need. At OPRMC We offer an
array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several
add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to
you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits -we offer
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) The Life of an HCA
We are seeking a Registered Nurse to ensure that we continue to
provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get
into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that
works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal
addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
We want you to apply now! -Neuro Trauma nurses are the master
coordinators of the unit, juggling care for their patients while
keeping the entire health care team on the same page. They have
high-level critical thinking skills, vast clinical knowledge, and
are able to stay calm under pressure. About this unit:
- 21 Bed unit with 1:4 ratio; unit includes staff PCT, LPN, Staff
RN and CNC.
- The Neuro Trauma Unit cares for patients with moderate
physiologic instability, requiring support but not artificial life
- Patients are hemodynamically stable & require cardiac
monitoring, neurological, neurosurgical, and trauma related
- The Neuro Trauma unit will have patients that need
interventions every 4-8 hours.
- The Neuro Trauma level of care patients require less care than
that of the ICU & CSU but more than that which is provided in the
- This unit specializes in the care of cardiac, stroke, neuro &
trauma patients. -
- Work schedule: 2 days per week including weekend rotation.
- Under the general direction of the Director, coordinates and
provides patient care and assumes individual responsibility and
accountability for the provision of nursing care.
- Nursing care is provided in accordance with hospital policies
and procedures, applicable state Nursing Practice Acts, ANA
Standards of Practice, and the generic and unit structure
- Adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients
65 years and older. What Qualifications You Will Need
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. BSN
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the
state(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license, in
accordance with law and regulation.
- Ability to achieve and maintain BCLS certification required.
ACLS certification required within 90 days of hire.
- No previous experience required other than clinical rotations
required as part of the degree completion. Prior experience in a
similar size facility with similar services provided is preferred.
-Overland Park Regional Medical Center is one of the premiere
medical facilities in Johnson County. The hospital is a licensed
343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medical care
services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas
since December of 1978. The hospital campus features four medical
office buildings, two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100
physicians. Our services include Emergency Services, a Regional
Trauma Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, The Women's Center
with Level IIIB NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanced
diagnostic imaging, a Diabetes Center and many other specialty care
services. We offer the latest in technological advances and we are
committed to providing every patient with the highest level of care
in an environment where people, compassion, community and integrity
are valued. -HCA Healthcare has been continually named a -World's
Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere -since 2010. In 2018, HCA
Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery
of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
expenses. If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you
to apply for our Registered Nurse opening. We promptly review all
applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly
contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Nurse.com, Overland Park , Registered Nurse Neuro Trauma, Healthcare , Overland Park, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!