Clinical Nurse Coordinator Pulmonary Step Down WEO
Location: Overland Park
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you currently have an opportunity to
make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care
and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year,
nurses at Overland Park Regional Medical Center have the
opportunity to make a real impact. As a(an) Weekend/Days Clinical
Nurse Coordinator Pulmonary Step Down you can be a part of
change.BenefitsOverland Park Regional Medical Center, offers a
total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock
your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your
personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of
nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an)
Clinical Nurse Coordinator Cardiac Care Unit. We want your
knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and QualificationsPulmonary
Stepdown nurses are the master coordinators of the unit, juggling
care for their patients while keeping the entire health care team
on the same page. They have high-level critical thinking skills,
vast clinical knowledge, and are able to stay calm under pressure.
You will be working with patients on ventilators, with chest tubes,
trachs, and diseases of the lungs.The Clinical Nurse Coordinator
(CNC) delivers high quality, patient-centered care and coordinates
all functions in the unit. In partnership with the management team,
the CNC monitors and evaluates nursing care in accordance with
established policies. The CNC serves as a resource for staff and
supports an unparalleled patient experience.What you will do in
- Assists with admission and discharge processes to ensure
efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care.
- Participates in the ongoing assessment of the quality of
patient care services provided in the unit, in collaboration with
other members of the management team.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and other managers to
create an environment of teamwork that supports improved outcomes
- Supports a patient-first philosophy and engages in service
recovery when necessary.
- Supports the efforts of the facility to improve engagement by
operationalizing current nursing strategies, including employee
rounding, hourly rounds, and other initiatives.
- Provides recommendations related to interviewing, selecting,
and training new staff. Recommends and implements courses of
action, including training and development, conflict resolution,
personnel policy compliance, completion of performance evaluations,
and/or disciplinary actions to ensure a competitively better
- Assists with staff scheduling. Manages all practical aspects of
staff labor in accordance with patient care needs and established
- Supports proper inventory control and assists with managing
supplies and equipmentAbout This Unit: -
- 18 private rooms.
- Ratios 1-4:-5 with Patient Care Tech Support; unit comprised of
PCT, LPN, RN and CNC.
- The Telemetry & Pulmonary Step Down Unit cares for patients
with moderate physiologic instability requiring support ( i.e. COPD
exacerbation, pneumonia, CHF & trach patients.
- Patients are hemodynamically stable that require cardiac &
respiratory monitoring & management every2-4 hours.
- The level of care of the Tele/Pulm unit requires less care than
the ICU but more than that which is provided in the
- This unit specializes in the care of cardiac and pulmonary
- Typical Work Schedule: Saturday & Sunday 7a-7p; work 24 hours
and receive incentive of extra 11 hours of pay.What qualifications
you will need:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing required.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the
state(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license, in
accordance with law and regulation.
- BLS & ACLS certification required and maintained.
- Activity in professional organizations encouraged.
- Two (2) years of clinical practice in the clinical specialty of
his/her unit and leadership/ management experience is
- Continuing demonstration of clinical and leadership
- Commitment and understanding of staffing matrix/productivity
- Committed to the goals of the unit, patient safety initiatives
and positive patient experience.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the standards
of nursing practice.
- Displays judgment and superior problem-solving skills.
- Communicates positively and professionally with all internal
and external customers. This role requires you to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law
or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).Overland Park Regional Medical Center is a 340+ bed
facility offering acute medical services to our patients. We are
Johnson County's only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Level II
Trauma Center. We have an Accredited Stroke and Chest Pain Center.
Our hospital is a premier area destination for Women's & Children's
healthcare services. We offer the region's only Maternal Fetal
Health Center to care for critically ill mothers and their babies.
Our hospital has an antepartum unit, a labor and delivery unit, and
a Level III NICU. We have four emergency rooms, including a
dedicated Pediatric emergency room and two freestanding ERs located
in Olathe and Shawnee. Each year our colleagues treat over 45,000
patients. Caring for patients is more than a job for us, it's our
mission and our calling. OPRMC is part of HCA Midwest Health,
Kansas City's leading healthcare provider in the region.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies - by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. ---In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different
ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Be a part of an organization that
leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our
Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Clinical
Nurse Coordinator Cardiac Care Unit opening. Submit your
application today and help advance the practice of nursing.We are
an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status,
veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Nurse.com, Overland Park , Clinical Nurse Coordinator Pulmonary Step Down WEO, Healthcare , Overland Park, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!