Customer Service Tech-Spring Hill, KS
Location: Spring Hill
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook:
/lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube:
/lumentechnologies.The RoleThis position will be transitioning to
Lumen industry partner, Brightspeed, in third quarter 2022. -Backed
by Apollo Global Management, Brightspeed, will be providing fast,
reliable internet connections in twenty states throughout the
Midwest and South. Both Lumen and Brightspeed are dedicated to a
strong company culture and helping employees achieve their career
goals. We encourage you to consider this opportunity. -More
information about the connection between the Brightspeed and Lumen
organizations and the transition will be available throughout the
hiring process. -The Customer Service Technician will be performing
installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of high-speed
internet, video and voice networks including associated wiring and
equipment. -Additionally, maintaining and repairing outside plant
facilities within assigned geographic service areas. - -POSTING
2/1/2022 -The Main Responsibilities
- Perform installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of
high-speed internet, video and voice networks including associated
wiring and equipment.
- Perform maintenance and repair on outside plant
- Climb poles, use a shovel and pick to dig up and bury cable;
and may be required to work in manholes or controlled environmental
vaults (CEV). Locate buried telephone cables.
- Observe all safety rules and regulations.
- Assist other Technical personnel in the performance of their
duties when requested.
- Must convey a positive and professional appearance and demeanor
when communicating the company's products and services to our
- Actively support sales and marketing related activities.
- Direct customer facing work and sales referrals.
- Accountability/dependability (on time and on load when
scheduled and serve on call as needed).
- Teamwork (technical expertise developed to complete work
efficiently to achieve work group key service measures).
- Active Listening (ability to take input from customers, APS and
co-workers to problem solve and improve skills).
- Asking relevant questions to ensure problems are resolved
quickly or to clarify information or directions.
- Active Learning (curious seeker of new information and actively
works to improve skills and knowledge).
- Assume all other duties as assigned.What We Look For in a
- Education/experience of High School diploma (or equivalent) or
- Ability to distinguish colors on facilities.
- Ability to handle 28 ft extension ladders (up to 75 lbs.
routine work) and manhole covers (up to 150 lbs.).
- Ability to successfully complete service tech boot camp
training, POTS/DSL installation/repair, cable splicing/maintenance,
basic transmissions, air pressure, and HSI installations (self and
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Ability to work in confined spaces (e.g. attics, crawl spaces,
- Ability to work aloft (e.g. ladder).
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and at
various hours of the day/night.
- Ability to work varying shifts and hours including possible
mandatory overtime, weekends and holidays.
- A valid driver's license and satisfactory driving
- Prior experience as a customer facing telecom operations
- Basic electricity training/certification or documented
equivalent work experience.
- ADSL installation/repair experience (self/full installs).
- A+/Net + Certified Required Soft Skills.What to Expect
NextBased on your job application information you may be given the
opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after
applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a
response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this
video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our
open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send
you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We
strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your
application date.Please be advised that Brightspeed (Connect
Holding LLC) requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19, subject to the Company's legal obligations including
potentially accommodating an employee's sincerely held religious
beliefs or medical condition.Requisition #: 275980This position is
part of a bargaining unit and represented by a union. -Depending
upon the applicable collective bargaining agreement under which you
may be hired, you may be: (a) required to join the union and pay
union dues as a condition of employment; or, (b) -required to pay
union dues, but not join the union as a condition of employment; or
(c) free to chose whether or not to join the union, but if you do
join the union you would be obligated to pay union dues.EEO
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, creed, veteran status, disability, medical
condition, genetic characteristic or information, age, sex, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status,
pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively,
"protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination
in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring,
compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job
assignments or training.Disclaimer
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: Lumen, Overland Park , Customer Service Tech-Spring Hill, KS, Hospitality & Tourism , Spring Hill, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!