Hiring Event, Tuesday October 25th - Diesel Technician/Mechanic III - Entry Level
Company: Penske Logistics
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Hiring Event, Tuesday October 25th - Diesel Technician/Mechanic III
- Entry Level(Job Number: 2215161)
First Shift; Monday-Friday
Location: 3940 NE Great Midwest Dr., Kansas City, MO 64161
What s the Job?
Ready to accelerate your career while helping our customers move
forward? As a Technician at Penske, you ll do exactly that. Here,
you ll do preventative maintenance and minor repairs on the newest
and best maintained fleet of vehicles in the industry. You will
help our customers keep their vehicles in shape and on the
Whether you re looking for your first job out of school or have
some vehicle repair experience and are looking to switch gears,
becoming a Penske Technician may be a great fit for you.
Why is this job awesome? For starters, no day is the same. You ll
get to work on lots of different types of equipment not just one
manufacturer. We work hard to get the job done, but we also make
sure you have the time you need to do the job right. Safety and
reliability are our top priorities.
Working alongside experienced supervisors and master technicians,
we ll teach you about our vehicle maintenance processes and the
cutting-edge technology we use. And we will make sure you are
getting the industry certified training you need to succeed and
grow your career. You ll learn from the best in the industry. We
also take pride in how clean our facilities are, and we provide you
with all the necessary major shop tools.
If you are mechanically inclined or have completed any vehicle
repair training, are willing to learn, and interested in a stable
career with a lot of opportunity for growth, join our team.
Join us Tuesday October 25th for a Penske Open Hiring Event!
Time: 8:00am - 8:00pm
Address: 1111 Century Ave, Kansas City, MO
The Penske Team will be conducting Onsite Interviews!
- Second shift start times after 11am are eligible for $2.50 per
hour shift differential
- Third shift start time after 9pm are eligible for $3.50 per
hour shift differential
- Making sure vehicles are maintained and safe for our
- Using Penske s tools and technologies to log, research and
complete repairs, including basic vehicle diagnostics
- Doing preventative maintenance repairs like replacing or
rotating tires and completing vehicle component lubrication and
replacement, some electrical system repairs, and cooling system
maintenance on gas and diesel engine vehicles
- Partnering with your manager to learn new skills using Penske s
technician training and hands-on coaching
- Working on other projects and tasks as assigned by
Why Penske is for You:
- We take pride in offering a competitive wage and great
- This position, at this location, offers shift differentials
that will vary based on second shift (starting after 11am) or third
shift (starting after 9pm) and weekend work.
- This position, at this location, also offers individuals who
hold a current and valid CDL will be eligible for a $2.00/hr
- Penske offers ongoing skills training for to our maintenance
associates, so you can grow your career!
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred; vocational or
technical certification in vehicle repair preferred
- Basic mechanical aptitude and 1-2 years of automotive or diesel
repair experience (preferred)
- Valid driver s license
- The ability to solve problems and comfort using tools
- Excellent customer service skills and communication
- The ability to work well as part of a team and outside
- Basic computer skills
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of the job
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific
location required, complete Penske employment application, submit
to a background screening (to include criminal checks, past
employment and education), the ability to pass a drug screen and
physical as required by the Department of Transportation, and
potential travel within a near geography for training are
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or
designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to
work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is
required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility
for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The associate will be required to remember and understand
certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The
associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the
ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be
required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is
frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to
reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly
lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move
up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
When you join Penske, you re joining a team that cares about doing
its best. At each location, there s a strong sense of teamwork. We
re all working together to move our customers forward. That s true
for the 9,000+ vehicle repair associates who are working at
hundreds of locations across the United States.
Keywords: Penske Logistics, Overland Park , Hiring Event, Tuesday October 25th - Diesel Technician/Mechanic III - Entry Level, Hospitality & Tourism , Paola, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!