Senior Project Technical Specialist
Company: GAI Consultants Inc.
Location: Overland Park
Posted on: September 18, 2023
DescriptionGAI Consultants is seeking a Substation Protection
and Controls Designer. This position will be involved with all
aspects of substation design and adherence to company/client
standards. This position requires working with engineering and
other technical subject matter experts in all aspects of electrical
substation and protections & controls design services. The
successful candidate will perform design work independently in
various substation and/or protection and control engineering
projects including detailed design for high voltage substation
projects through 500kV, with a focus on a "Client First" approach
to all interactions.
- Perform detailed design of Substations with emphasis on
schematics and wiring from individual asset replacement to large
- Ability to make the determination of materials of construction
from calculations or standards.
- Perform QA/QC checks for drafters and/or engineers.
- Opening, revising, plotting, and saving of drawing CAD
- Create new drawings from templates from scratch with title
blocks and border drawing blocks.
- Create and modify drawing blocks, borders, and title
- Provide direction for compiling, collating, assembling, and
verifying completeness of drawing and project document
- Advanced use of scaling with model and paper space.
- Ability to use style and formatting in CAD software.
- Advanced knowledge of plot profiles and user profiles in CAD
- Advanced ISO view and 3-D view drawing depictions.
- Assist CAD technicians and CAD operators in the development of
- May interface with clients and customers
- Physically capable of performing field visits to client sites
to obtain photos, physical measurements, and view site
- Must have a valid driver's license and vehicle for reimbursable
- GAI Consultants prides itself on the quality of its employees
and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to
successfully pass a drug screen.
- Must be able to wear and work in Personal Protection Equipment
including fall protection.
At GAI, exceptional people have an exceptional place to work, grow,
lead, and achieve. Explore an array of opportunities in locations
across the U.S., and join accomplished colleagues in tackling
challenging projects for a range of markets. Enjoy comprehensive
benefits and feel good about being part of a collaborative team
that's committed to supporting the communities we serve. Join GAI
and distinguish yourself in a company poised for unlimited
GAI Consultants, Inc. is committed to diversity, equity, and
inclusion through fostering a workforce that represents different
communities, cultures, and viewpoints. We will continue to build
mutual trust and respect where employees are empowered to share
their diverse perspectives, experiences, and ideas.
Benefits To Working at GAI Include:
- Competitive salary -GAI is committed to paying market-based
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision,
dental, company paid Long Term Disability, and Short Term
Disability (benefits start within 30 days of hire)
- New paid Maternity/Paternity/Adoption program
- Generous Paid Time Off and 7 paid holidays
- 401k company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
EducationSome college of Drafting (preferred)High School of
ExperienceAn Associate's degree or CAD technical certificate is a
plus but not required. (preferred)7 years: Minimum of 7 years of
experience with AutoCAD and/or Microstation (required)
Licenses & CertificationsDriver's License (required)
- Communications (preferred)
- Leadership (preferred)
- Organization (preferred)
- Problem Solving (preferred)
- Teamwork (preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: GAI Consultants Inc., Overland Park , Senior Project Technical Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Overland Park, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!