Response Team Specialist
Company: TFI Family Services, Inc.
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Job Description Summary:
Promotes the well-being of children, participates in staff meetings
and trainings and coordinates with staff from other agencies
involved in meeting the needs of children in out-of-home
In This Opportunity You Will Get To:
- Provides support to Case Management teams in locating AWOL or
- Acts as a liaison to the Department for Children and Families
(DCF) AWOL/HT (Human Trafficking) Administration.
- Collaborates with DCF, Law Enforcement, and other Community
Partners, while working with the AWOL and HT population.
- Completes location efforts according to policy and any
additional tasks identified to locate AWOL youth.
- Conducts runaway sweeps with DCF and Law Enforcement.
- Completes the Human Trafficking (HT) assessment using the DCF
protocol when appropriate.
- Maintains a close working relationship with public and private
agencies involved in providing services/support.
- Attends multidisciplinary team (MDT) and community meetings
regarding children and youth served.
- Provides information to the responsible agency on all matters
related to the child, as required.
- Provides individual and group activities using trauma-informed,
evidence-based curricula to youth experiencing running
- Participates in case planning conferences at required
intervals, if needed.
- Coordinates community resources for the benefit of children
- Coordinates with Care Management Department staff on the
placement of located youth.
- Tracks and analyzes data to identify trends associated with
- Completes documentation and forwards reports containing
descriptive, analytical and evaluative content.
- Coordinates with Agency behavioral health and family permanency
staff, and staff from external public and private agencies on the
delivery of services to children and families.
- Other duties as assigned.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in child and family services field preferred.
High School or GED and two years of experience in child and family
services field required.
TFI Family Services, Inc. is a leading child welfare agency
providing experience, compassion, quality services and care. Our
strength as an organization lies in the fact that we do what is
best for children and families. TFI continues to create new
resources and develop innovative solutions as we work to meet the
needs of families and children.
We provide various types of services to the community including
foster and kinship care, domestic and international adoption,
counseling support and education, TIPS-MAPP training and visitation
and exchange centers.
TFI Family Services is the parent company providing services in
Kansas and Nebraska. We expanded our service area through our
affiliates: TFI Family Connections in Oklahoma and Texas Family
Initiative in Texas. Pathway Family Services is an affiliate in
Kansas offering additional services to youth and families.
TFI Family Services, Inc and affiliates are an equal opportunity
employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of
race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry,
marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected
category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
We are committed to diversity in its leadership and staff and
actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We strongly encourage
women, people of color, LGBTQI individuals, and people with
disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents,
and veterans to apply.
All inquiries and applications will be kept confidential.
Applications will be reviewed and eligible candidates will be
contacted about interviews. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling
basis; we expect to receive resumes from many qualified applicants
and therefore highly recommend submission as soon as possible.
Based on the hiring criteria involved with this position,
background checks will be conducted if selected for employment.
This includes, but not limited to: Fingerprinting, MVR, KBI, CANIS
and drug screening.
For more information about our company and what we do, please visit
TFI Family Services, Inc.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: TFI Family Services, Inc., Overland Park , Response Team Specialist, Other , Chanute, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!