Our Civil Engineers are responsible for performing tasks
requiring the application of standard structural engineering
techniques and procedures. This includes standard design of
civil/structural project work, assisting lead engineers with
various project duties, and other duties as assigned.
Perform analysis and design of structures for new oil refinery
and petrochemical facilities; chemical, biofuel and industrial
facilities. Structures include foundation systems and steel
structures for: distillation towers, heaters, compressors, pumps,
and fans, and building structures; unloading and storage
facilities; cooling towers; and underground structures, pipe racks,
mechanical and electrical equipment platform structures. Some
specific tasks for a civil engineer in the group include:
- Underground gravity piping layout and design
- Site layout for process units
- Paving layout for process units
- Assist with ad hoc projects as assigned by managers.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related degree from
an ABET accredited program.
- Or Bachelor of Science in Civil or related Engineering
Technology from an ABET accredited program and successful
completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Master of Science degree in Engineering may be substituted for
one year of experience.
- Successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) or
Engineer-in-Training (EIT) strongly preferred.
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
- Prior internship and/or related consulting experience
- Involvement on campus or in the community.
- Basic knowledge in standard civil engineering techniques,
principles and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative
problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking
- Proficient computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Basic computer skills (e.g. AutoCAD, MicroStation, BIM (Revit),
Civil 3D, PLS, PLS-CADD, RISA-3D, MathCADD), and civil analysis
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building,
collaboration, organization and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e.
without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for
work sponsorship) in the country where this position is
Burns & McDonnell is making the world a better place every day.
When we take on some of the worlds toughest challenges, were
putting the industrys best thinking to work, striving to create
amazing success for our clients and amazing careers for our
employee-owners. Our staff of more than 7,000 engineers,
architects, construction professionals, scientists, consultants and
business professionals is constantly growing.
We have offices and projects across the U.S. and around the globe.
We are proud to rank among FORTUNE magazines 100 Best Companies to
Work For. Our culture, powered by 100% employee ownership, plays a
major role in getting us there. Each employee brings a high level
of commitment to every project. Clients have shown their
appreciation of this dedication, rewarding us with a 90% repeat
business rate and decades-long partnerships. Thats pretty cool for
a firm that started as a small engineering consulting shop back in
At Burns & McDonnell, youll have the opportunity to make a
difference while fulfilling your personal and professional
ambitions. Our entrepreneurial culture lets you guide your destiny
and shape the path your career travels. And with hundreds of
service specialties, your career and development options are
Are you ready to create amazing? Burns & McDonnell is an Equal
Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans