Posted on: June 9, 2021
At Corbion, we exist to champion preservation in all its forms,
preserving food and food production, health, and our planet.
Corbion is seeking a Material Handler responsible for the
receiving of materials and other supplies, shipping finished goods,
operating equipment required for material movement, operating
equipment required for material grinding, spraying, packaging, and
classifying. Other miscellaneous duties may be assigned by
The Material Handler will report to Production Supervisor and
the position location will be in Grandview, MO Manufacturing
Facility. As our Material Handler, the main responsibilities
- Operates all equipment required for material movement including
fork trucks, pallet movers, conveying equipment, pumps, hoses and
- Prepares materials for shipment by labeling, marking, banding,
palletizing and other methods. Moves and stacks materials in their
department ranging in weights of 50-pound cartons, 110-pound drums,
250-pound lever-packs and 1833-pound bulk sacks.
- Monitors volumes, levels and amounts in vessels in which they
are adding or removing materials. Ensures that vessels are not
over-filled and checks and maintains temperatures in vessels and
- Operates equipment to grind, classify, spray, package, and
accurately weigh products. Controls feed rate from silos and tanks,
sets equipment to properly grind, classify, or spray product to
proper product quality. Adjusts and operates weighing systems to
give proper amount of product in a container.
- Hand stacks or maneuvers product on pallets Gathers packaging
and other materials needed for their operation. Operates package
forming and conveying equipment. Packages, palletizes, stretch
wraps, labels, marks, identifies and prepares finished product in
- Repairs damaged containers promptly to ensure product is not
contaminated. Checks all discarded product, trash and salvage, and
reports to supervision. Aids in rework of recycled materials as
requested (recycled drums are hand dumped into vessels, drum
weights are from 100 to 350 pounds).
- Clean pipes and equipment. Performs cleaning and sanitation on
equipment as required by Plant Operating Standards. Maintains a
clean, neat, and orderly work area to meet plant sanitation
standards including periodic full system hot water washes.
- Takes action as instructed by the Production Supervisor or
other management by direct written or verbal communication.
- Completes an effective shift crossover communication with
incoming crews to ensure efficient continuous operation.
- Responsible for the quality of the product from both in bulk
liquid/intermediate form, as well as finished packaged while in the
custody of the manufacturing plant including but not limited to the
chemical composition, accurate lot coding, and packaging
- Investigations into quality issues and effective communication
with the QC control department are a requirement for Material
- Takes action consistent with the established procedures during
any emergency condition. Notifies appropriate personnel when they
observe that emergency conditions exist. Always work in accordance
with established safety procedures and use prescribed safety
- Follows all safety rules.
- Carries out troubleshooting and maintenance on equipment and
instruments and promptly seeks further technical and/or maintenance
help when such repairs fail to yield corrective action. For
example, adjusting equipment settings, tightening flange bolts or
clamps, inspecting for equipment faults, and other.
- Performs other duties as instructed by supervision which may
include other jobs in other classifications as required.
- Assists in training personnel as required.
- Prepares records of activities in log books, on batch log
sheets, or on other forms and presents them to supervision.
Correctly indicates all repairs made, parts used, analysis
performed, and other related information.
- Enters and retrieves information from various computer based
sources. Accurately completes production posting utilizing
established business planning software.
General Work Environment
- Material handlers are required to work in dusty areas, and will
be expected to wear dust protectors, such as dust masks, paper
coveralls and/or respirators.
- Samples hot truck loads of material and acid, and is required
to wear the appropriate PPE including but not limited to
face-shields, rubber gloves and acid proof clothing.
- Temperature in the facility will range between 45oF and 110oF
depending on location and the activities involved i.e. hot water
- 6+ months experience working in industrial manufacturing
environment with safety orientations
- Able to drive a forklift.
- Able to physically re-stack pallets with ingredients up to 55
- Work accurately and methodically.
- Good in communication especially over radio system.
- Good understanding of the internal customer and impact on
failure/ cost of poor quality.
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid and its
derivatives, and a leading supplier of emulsifiers, functional
enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins, and algae ingredients. We use
our unique expertise in fermentation and other processes to deliver
sustainable solutions for the preservation of food and food
production, health, and our planet. For over 100 years, we have
been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality,
innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and
product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our
cutting-edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help
differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal
care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and
bioplastics. In 2020, Corbion generated annual sales of 986.5
million and has a workforce of over 2250 employees. Corbion is
listed on Euronext Amsterdam. For more information:
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a
diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally
without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion,
national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex,
sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an
organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants
Corbion does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual
recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job
postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit
unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. All
candidates must be submitted by approved Corbion vendors who have
been expressly requested to make a submission by our Talent
Acquisition team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will
be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the
Corbion Talent Acquisition team and such candidate was submitted to
the Corbion Talent Acquisition Team.
Keywords: Corbion, Overland Park , Material Handler, Other , Grandview, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!