Kitchen Systems/Fire Extinguisher Technician
The Fire Extinguisher & Hood Technician is responsible for the
servicing, and/or the installation of portable fire
extinguishers, kitchen suppression
systems, or other applicable fire safety equipment and systems
to include emergency
lights all in accordance with applicable fire codes.
- Inspection of fire extinguisher(s) in accordance with NFPA 10
and kitchen extinguishing systems NFPA 17-17A and UL 300
- Inspecting and repairing pre-engineered restaurant fire
suppression systems manufactured by ANSUL, Pyro Chem, RangeGuard,
Kidde, Piranha, etc.
- Thorough understanding of NFPA, manufacturer and local fire
codes for restaurant fire suppression systems and fire
- Performing on-site emergency troubleshooting of fire
- Identifying NFPA code and non-conformance issues.
- Ability to work flexible schedules to accommodate testing
- Inspectors must prepare accurate and timely inspection reports
with customer signature and with excellent attention to detail to
be turned in daily.
- Communicate in a professional manner and provide excellent
- Maintain a clean safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have strong work ethics
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Proficient in Google Docs
- Possess strong organizational, documentation, problem solving
and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a
- Ability to speak and write English.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced
and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and
Possess High school diploma or equivalent. 2+years experience
inspecting restaurant fire suppression systems is preferred. Must
hold a valid driver's license and a clean driving record. Consent
for background upon acceptance of Offer Letter.
In addition to an attractive wage, we offer the following
featured Benefits for full-time employees:
- On-the-job training and company paid training programs
- Employer paid Healthcare premium employees
- Affordable Healthcare options for dependent elections
- Teledoc services, if Healthcare coverage is elected
- 401K Plan
- Accidental and Critical Illness
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays
- Company Cell Phone and additional IT requirements available for
- Company Uniforms
- *In addition, this position offers a company vehicle, with
maintenance care and fuel card and the necessary tools and
equipment to perform the job.
At Marmic Fire & Safety we are focused on building a diverse and
inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role, we
encourage you to apply to further review the opportunity. In
addition, we are an equal opportunity employer and value each
person's unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives
Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!
Marmic Fire & Safety Company (MFS) is the successful expansion
of Joplin Fire Protection (JFP) which began in 1951 with Charles
and Mary Lou Teeter. After decades of practicing customer-centric
service JFP added territories in Oklahoma, Kansas, and Arkansas
with a second generation of the Teeter Family at the helm. During
their tenure, Mickey and Martha Teeter formed a second company
called Marmic to cover those areas outside of Joplin, MO Metro.
Today, the third generation is charging ahead with Marmic's growing
prominence in the Midwest and, indeed, the nation.
In its core services of fire extinguisher, sprinkler, fire
alarm, industrial fire suppression, and kitchen system fire
suppression MFS competes with the top fire protection companies in
the country. But few, if any, other companies are as holistic in
terms of safety. By installing and servicing security and access
control systems it demonstrates a well-rounded concern for the
protection of life and property. Additionally, selling personal
protection equipment such as hard hats, safety glasses, gloves,
reflective vests, and more establishes MFS as a complete, one-stop
shop for home and workplace safety equipment. This depth of
services illustrates the importance the company places on customer
safety no matter where they are or what they are doing.