Company: Encore Rehabilitation Services, LLC
Posted on: June 23, 2022
OverviewPOSITION SUMMARY - PT - Consistent PRN - 2-3 days per
week. 3-4 hours per day. Butler, MOProvides and directs physical
therapy services to residents, including assessment, treatment,
program planning and implementation, related documentation, and
communication. Functions under physician's
orders.ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides physical therapy services to residents and initiates
referrals when appropriate and in accordance with Physical Therapy
- Conducts screenings of residents at regular intervals to
determine need for intervention/treatment.
- Evaluates residents to obtain data necessary for treatment
planning and implementation. Conducts specialized evaluations as
- Interprets and communicates evaluation findings to residents,
family and other team members.
- Establishes individual resident schedules in conjunction with
other team members.
- Develops treatment plans by identifying a problem list,
including short and long-term goals and methods to achieve
- Coordinates treatment plan with resident, family and other team
- Implements and conducts treatment as outlined in treatment
- Monitors resident's response to intervention and modifies
treatment as indicated to attain goals in accordance with physician
- Develops appropriate home or community programming to maintain
and enhance the performance of the resident in their own
- Documents results of resident's assessment, treatment,
follow-up and termination of services.
- Adapts treatment to meet the individual needs of the
- Provides/recommends/fabricates adaptive devices or other
equipment. Trains residents, family and appropriate staff in the
use or application of orthotics and prosthetics.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Supervises and directs LPTA's in the implementation of the
- Supervises students and volunteers.
- Supervises Physical Therapy Aides and Rehabilitation
- Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the total services
delivered and of individual physical therapy programs for
effectiveness and efficiency, using predetermined
- Participates in resident, family and staff education.
- Confers formally and informally with other team members in
coordinating the total rehabilitation program of the
- Adheres to Physical Therapy Department procedures regarding
documentation of physical therapy services.
- Attends in-service meetings and facility meetings as
- Provides in-service education to members of the resident's care
team and education to the community.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and
- Records billable treatment times according to Physical Therapy
Department procedures and submits weekly/monthly statistics to
- Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of
practice, department procedures and productivity
- Maintains safe and clean work area and adheres to
facility/company safety standards.
- Complies with all infection control, Universal Precautions and
OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the evaluation,
planning, implementation and follow-up or resident therapy
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with coworkers,
residents, family members and facility personnel.
- Reports to work on time and adheres to schedule maintaining
acceptable patient ratios and work efficiency during assigned
- Assists with and participates in quality assurance program as
- Adheres to established confidentiality standards.
- Projects a positive and professional image at all
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QualificationsRECOMMENDED MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONSBachelor
of Science in Physical Therapy from an accredited
program.Successful completion of National Certification Examination
for RPT.Current state licensure or license eligible.Regular
attendance.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and WORK ENVIRONMENTThese
essential functions described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the basic functions of a
physical therapist. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
qualified individuals with disabilities to perform these essential
functions.Physical requirements for this position are classified as
medium under the Department of Labor classification. The employee
must be capable of exerting 20-50 pounds of force occasionally
(less than 1/3 of the time), and/or 10-20 pounds of force
frequently (1/2 of the time), and/or up to 10 pounds of force
constantly (2/3 of the time) to move objects, equipment and/or
residents. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, bend or
crouch; use hands to manipulate tools, equipment or controls; reach
with hands and arms, balance, lift and perform medium to maximum
transfer assists with residents. The employee is required to have
visual and hearing acuity sufficient enough to assess resident
safety and ability. The employee works mostly inside, in resident
rooms or clinic. This position is classified as a Category 1 for
the purpose of exposure determination under the OSHA Regulations
regarding the Standard on Occupational Exposure to Blood borne
Pathogens (29CFR 1910.1030). Category 1 is defined as all
procedures or job-related tasks that involve an inherent risk for
mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues,
or a potential for spills and/or splashes of blood or body fluids.
The use of protective equipment and measures is required for every
employee engaged in Category 1 tasks.PI182714066
Keywords: Encore Rehabilitation Services, LLC, Overland Park , Physical Therapist, Other , Butler, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!