Shop Foreman - Lead Diesel Mechanic- First Group
Company: First Group
Posted on: August 5, 2022
First Student is now hiring a Shop Foreman Lead Diesel Mechanic
for our shop serving Hickman Mills MO!Wages up to $28/hour
Depending on ExperienceFirst things First: Who are we? Twice the
size of our next largest competitor, First Student is the leading
school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every
day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers
than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained
drivers and the industry s strongest safety record, First Student
delivers reliable, quality services to 1,100 school districts. Why
join First as a Shop Foreman / Lead Diesel Mechanic?
- $28 per hour based on experience and qualifications (NOT flat
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday-Friday full-time shift schedule and consistent,
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program!About the Shop Foreman / Lead Diesel Mechanic
PositionAs a Lead Fleet Technician / Shop Foreman at First Student,
you ll schedule and perform school bus fleet maintenance on school
buses, diagnose and troubleshoot complex problems, and maintain
service records. Other job duties will include:
- Supervise technicians in the shop.
- Generate work orders and track progress through
- Maintain advanced knowledge of all vehicle components to
effectively diagnose and perform maintenance and repairs.
- Monitor shop operational performance and efficiency and take
action to improve as needed.Lead Fleet Technician / Shop Foreman
- Valid driver s license required; Willingness to obtain CDL
while employed We train!
- At least 5 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
experience or technical school education.
- Previous experience in a lead technician, supervisor, or other
management role is preferred.
- Possess a mechanic s tool set.
- Willingness to participate in ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses provided!
- Subject to a drug test.Get your career on the road with First
Student! We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We
strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For
candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles
California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Group, Overland Park , Shop Foreman - Lead Diesel Mechanic- First Group, Other , Grandview, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!