Continuous Improvement Supervisor
Company: Church & Dwight
Posted on: May 22, 2023
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We're a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
The CI Supervisor is responsible to identify and improve the outcomes of manufacturing and operational processes to improve efficiencies, reduce cost and increase customer satisfaction.
Essential Functions :
- - Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and safety awareness within their area of responsibility. - Support and enforce all plant safety policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner. - Responsible for all job-related safety training for their work team.
- - Collaborating with the Operations Team, develop, organize, and compile Standard Work to guide Operations functions like production line operations and production line changeovers. - Build assessments to test Line Technicians' mastery of Standard Work.
- - Develop a program for documenting all production asset settings as well as a mechanism for controlling settings changes.
- - Develop, roll out and train processes to improve Safety, Quality, and Overall Equipment Effectiveness - including but not limited to 5S, Downtime Tracking, White Board Completion, and Shift Handoffs.
- - Collect and analyze data regarding Plant wastage to identify largest wastage opportunities and lead Kaizen events to drive understanding of wastage to root cause and implement corrective actions.
- - Facilitate / Leads Kaizen events - identifies team members, prepares agendas, conducts training, create and tracks countermeasures and actions. Fosters employee culture of learning organization.
- - Fairly and consistently adhere to all Company and Plant procedures, work rules and guidelines.
- - Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities :
- - Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization to understand and help address operational issues and sustainability efforts.
- - Excellent communications skills - ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media - verbal, written, etc. to all levels of the organization.
- - Works with the operations team to provide needed internal support from collecting information to compiling data
- - Excellent organizational/time management skills. -
- - Training in Lean manufacturing principles and Kaizen facilitation
- - Strong leadership abilities and skills as a team builder, coach and mentor.
- - Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite).
- - Travel as required from time to time by the business
- - Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality at all times and in all situations.
- - Developing standard work process for day to day operations
- - Ability to identify and solve waste within the plant
- - Bachelor's Degree required.
- - 3-5 years previous supervisory experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment such as CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods) preferred.
- - Mathematical aptitude
- - Mechanical aptitude
- - Public speaking aptitude
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
PandoLogic. Keywords: Line Mechanic, Location: Harrisonville, MO - 64701
Keywords: Church & Dwight, Overland Park , Continuous Improvement Supervisor, Other , Harrisonville, Kansas
here to apply!