Company: Disability Solutions
Location: Overland Park
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Innovate to solve the world's most important challengesHoneywell
is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies
to address critical challenges linked to global macrotrends such as
safety, security, productivity, global urbanization and energy.
With approximately 129,000 employees worldwide, including more than
19,000 engineers and scientists, Honeywell has an unrelenting focus
on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything they make
and do. Honeywell has been named a Top 100 Global Innovator for
seven years in a row, recognizing the company's global reach of
portfolio and invention influence.In Kansas City, Honeywell Federal
Manufacturing & Technologies (FM&T) manages and operates the
U.S. Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security
Administration's (NNSA) Kansas City National Security Campus. This
state-of-the-art engineering, manufacturing, and sourcing facility
produces a wide array of intricate components to deliver trusted
national security products and government services primarily for
the NNSA. Honeywell FM&T's culture of integrity, commitment and
continuous improvement enables them to deliver responsive,
collaborative, and innovative management and technology services
and products that translate into cutting edge solutions to complex
national security issues.
Performs all procurement activities and administers purchase orders
in conformance with the Federal Manufacturing &Technologies
(FM&T) purchasing procedures and policies by analyzing
requisitions and related drawings and specifications; issuing
requests for proposals; identifying/selecting suppliers;
determining the type of order to be issued; negotiating prices,
terms and conditions, and delivery schedules; and placing purchase
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assures product delivery.
- Negotiates and communicates delivery schedule changes as
- Negotiates settlements on rejected material and claims
resulting from purchase order changes or terminations.
- Plans, schedules, and reschedules orders utilizing ERP planning
- Approves supplier invoices for payment when necessary.
- Initiates and coordinates discussions between suppliers and
respective FM&T departments involving procurement-related
- Analyzes pricing, production, and inventory trends to assure
competent supply sources and economical procurement, and conducts
market surveys to identify new sources of supply.
- Develops and provides input to the purchased material budget as
appropriate to assure commitment or incurrences as
- Prepares reports as requested by supervision or as required by
- Serves as a full-time member of respective purchased product
teams and is involved in the implementation of strategic supplier
- Travels as necessary.
- Interaction with internal next assembly users, Product
Engineering, Program Management, Product and Field
- Accounting and the Design Agency for requirements
clarification, planning, product status reviews and problem
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in
accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the
protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Takes
actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe conditions,Must
- Must be a U.S. citizenship in order to obtain and maintain U.S.
Department of Energy "Q" level security clearance
- Bachelor's degree or two additional years of direct work
experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- No Prior Buyer Experience Required.THE FUTURE IS WHAT WE MAKE
ITFrom sustainable aviation fuel and lifesaving healthcare
sensors to collaborating on every NASA space mission since the
1950s, over 100
years of innovation has always been driven by an investment in our
people."Due to compliance with US export control laws and
regulations, candidate must be a US Person, which is defined as, US
US permanent resident, or have protected status in the US under
refugee status"FMT2021Additional Information
JOB ID: req407749Category:
ProcurementLocation: 6700 W 115th St,Overland
Park,Kansas,66211,United StatesExemptMust be a US Citizen due to
contractual requirements.Honeywell FM&T OverviewHoneywell is an
equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered
without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin,
ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Overland Park , Buyer I, Other , Overland Park, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!