Posted on: January 15, 2022
At Corbion, we exist to champion preservation in all its forms,
preserving food and food production, health, and our planet.
Material Handlers are responsible for the receiving of materials
and other supplies, shipping finished goods, operating equipment
required for material movement, operating equipment required for
material grinding, spraying, packaging, and classifying. Other
miscellaneous duties may be assigned by supervision.
When assigned to a specific department, a Material Handler will
perform only those duties typical for that department.
Essential Job Functions
Following prescribed guidelines and under general supervision, the
Material Handler performs the following duties:
* Operates all equipment required for material movement including
fork trucks, pallet movers, conveying equipment, pumps, hoses and
* Prepares materials for shipment by labeling, marking, banding,
palletizing and other methods. Moves and stacks materials in their
department ranging in weights of 50-pound cartons, 110-pound drums,
250-pound lever-packs and 1833-pound bulk sacks.
* Monitors volumes, levels and amounts in vessels in which they are
adding or removing materials. Ensures that vessels are not
over-filled and checks and maintains temperatures in vessels and
* Operates equipment to grind, classify, spray, package, and
accurately weigh products. Controls feed rate from silos and tanks,
sets equipment to properly grind, classify, or spray product to
proper product quality. Adjusts and operates weighing systems to
give proper amount of product in a container.
* Hand stacks or maneuvers product on pallets at the following
* Lactylate Tower
7,500 to 10,000 lbs per hour packaged in 50 lb cartons and up to
1800 lb bulk sacks.
* Hydrate Plant
8,500 to 10,000 lbs per hour packaged in 50 lb cartons and up to
450 lb drums.
* DM Plant
8,500 to 10,000 lbs per hour packaged in 50 lb cartons, up to 250
lb drum, and 1833 lb Bulk Sacks.
* Gathers packaging and other materials needed for their operation.
Operates package forming and conveying equipment. Packages,
palletizes, stretch wraps, labels, marks, identifies and prepares
finished product in packages.
* Repairs damaged containers promptly to ensure product is not
contaminated. Checks all discarded product, trash and salvage, and
reports to supervision. Aids in rework of recycled materials as
requested (recycled drums are hand dumped into vessels, drum
weights are from 100 to 350 pounds).
* Clean pipes and equipment. Performs cleaning and sanitation on
equipment as required by Plant Operating Standards. Maintains a
clean, neat, and orderly work area to meet plant sanitation
standards including periodic full system hot water washes.
* Takes action as instructed by the Production Supervisor or other
management by direct written or verbal communication.
* Completes an effective shift crossover communication with
incoming crews to ensure efficient continuous operation.
* Responsible for the quality of the product from both in bulk
liquid/intermediate form, as well as finished packaged while in the
custody of the manufacturing plant including but not limited to the
chemical composition, accurate lot coding, and packaging
* Investigations into quality issues and effective communication
with the QC control department are a requirement for Material
* Takes action consistent with the established procedures during
any emergency condition. Notifies appropriate personnel when they
observe that emergency conditions exist. Always work in accordance
with established safety procedures and use prescribed safety
* Follows all safety rules.
* Carries out troubleshooting and maintenance on equipment and
instruments and promptly seeks further technical and/or maintenance
help when such repairs fail to yield corrective action. For
example, adjusting equipment settings, tightening flange bolts or
clamps, inspecting for equipment faults, and other.
* Performs other duties as instructed by supervision which may
include other jobs in other classifications as required.
* Assists in training personnel as required.
* Prepares records of activities in log books, on batch log sheets,
or on other forms and presents them to supervision. Correctly
indicates all repairs made, parts used, analysis performed, and
other related information.
* Enters and retrieves information from various computer based
sources. Accurately completes production posting utilizing
established business planning software.
General Working Environment
* Material handlers are required to work in dusty areas, and will
be expected to wear dust protectors, such as dust masks, paper
coveralls and/or respirators.
* Samples hot truck loads of material and acid, and is required to
wear the appropriate PPE including but not limited to face-shields,
rubber gloves and acid proof clothing.
* Temperature in the facility will range between 45oF and 110oF
depending on location and the activities involved i.e. hot water
Usual Physical Activities
Through the course of a typical shift an individual in this
position will perform the following activities;
* Reaches above and below the shoulders,
* Traverses multiple levels via stairs,
* Hand stack pallets of boxes ranging from 45 pounds to 55
* Positions drums on pallets with weight ranges from 110 to 450
* Corrected vision, speaking ability, and hearing are usually
involved in performing written and verbal job functions.
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid and its
derivatives, and a leading supplier of emulsifiers, functional
enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins, and algae ingredients. We use
our unique expertise in fermentation and other processes to deliver
sustainable solutions for the preservation of food and food
production, health, and our planet. For over 100 years, we have
been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality,
innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and
product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our
cutting-edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help
differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal
care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and
bioplastics. In 2020, Corbion generated annual sales of --- 986.5
million and has a workforce of over 2250 employees. Corbion is
listed on Euronext Amsterdam. For more information:
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse
workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard
to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national
origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual
orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization
or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants.
Corbion does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual
recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job
postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit
unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. All
candidates must be submitted by approved Corbion vendors who have
been expressly requested to make a submission by our Talent
Acquisition team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will
be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the
Corbion Talent Acquisition team and such candidate was submitted to
the Corbion Talent Acquisition Team.
Keywords: Corbion, Overland Park , Material Handler, Professions , Grandview, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!