Manufacturing Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift
Company: The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical
day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth
opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an
important role in providing innovative solutions for today's
gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve
operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were
founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing.
Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform
for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change.
Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that
we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next
generation of leaders.We are looking for a 2nd shift Intermediate
Level Maintenance Technician who will join our mulch and soil
manufacturing team located in Harrisonville, MO.Minimum pay of at
least $21.70 an hour. Starting pay is dependant based upon
experience.Additional 2nd shift differential pay of $0.50 an
hour.What you'll do in this role:
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs and maintenance on parts of
equipment including machines including mechanical, hydraulic,
electrical, electronic, and pneumatic repairs.
- Repair production line equipment including conveyor belts,
packaging equipment, grinding equipment and stacking
- May perform or assist in the installation of machinery and
- Cut and welding, including light steel fabrication.
- Inspects and adjusts equipment.
- Assist in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and
- Performs maintenance duties or other duties as assigned.What
you'll need to be successful:
- Prior relevant maintenance experience.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability for prolonged and repetitive motions of standing,
twisting, stooping, kneeling, squatting, bending, climbing,
reaching overhead and arms/hands dexterity.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Teachable attitude and ability to learn on the job in a fast
- Ability to read numbers, product descriptions, and maintain
- Ability to push button, monitor controls, and perform basic
math functions.What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental
and Vision coverage.
- Fitness club reimbursement - $350/ Individual &
- Starting day one, 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock
purchasing program (15% discount).
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes four
employee resource groups: Scotts Women's Network, Scotts Black
Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network and Scotts Young
- Generous vacation day policy in addition to 13 holidays.Our
commitment to Live Total Health puts the wellness and safety of our
associates and their families as the top priority. Throughout the
COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring associate safety has been a primary
focus for all of us at Scotts. With the continuing pandemic, we
remain committed to doing everything we can to keep our associates
healthy and safe. As such, we are requiring certain associates to
get a COVID vaccine*. This safety measure will help protect our
associates, our families and our communities. We recognize a
medical or personal circumstance may prevent you from meeting this
requirement and we have a process to address those concerns.
Keywords: The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company, Overland Park , Manufacturing Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift, Professions , Harrisonville, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!