Business Systems Analyst
Location: Overland Park
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Job Title: Business Systems Analyst
Location: Overland Park, KS (HYBRID)
Duration: 6 Months, contract to hire
The Senior Analyst, Business Systems is a key position within the
Finance organization, responsible for assessing and managing
enterprise projects and business initiatives that impact Clients
accounting and financial reporting processes. This role reports to
the Sr. Manager, Business Systems Analysis as an individual
contributor. This individual will be responsible for representing
Finance on enterprise projects through the project lifecycle,
including assessments, business requirements, operational impacts
and solution, system design, testing and launch approvals. This
position partners closely with product owners and other teams
across the enterprise and has significant interaction with finance
The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in both business
analysis and technical and/or operational accounting. To
effectively support projects, the candidate will become a SME
(Subject Matter Expert) in one or multiple areas of accounting,
developing an understanding of transactional flows, financial
risks, controls and corresponding journal entries through the
various systems to drive scalable solutions and operational
accounting efficiencies. This is a highly dynamic and continuously
evolving area of Clients business; the ideal candidate works well
through ambiguity, thrives in a fast-paced and changing
environment, and possesses excellent leadership and communication
- Manage projects from concept approval to launch including
status reporting and go/no go recommendations to accounting
- Partner effectively with cross-functional teams to support
business initiatives, drive process improvements, and implement
- Elicit requirements and write user stories with acceptance
- Communicate and advocate for business requirements to project
teams, ensuring the solution design meets the requirements.
- Collaborate effectively and communicate with all levels of
management and cross-functional teams.
- Manage risks and issues, develop mitigation plans, and escalate
- Serve as a knowledgeable resource and SME to business partners
and cross-functional enterprise project teams.
- Develop/review test plans, communicate with testing teams, and
review test results, and perform traceability to ensure all
requirements are tested.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in business
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- Public accounting or public company experience preferred.
- Proven ability to plan and manage multiple projects while
meeting set deliverable deadlines.
- Proven ability to adapt and excel in a fast-paced and rapidly
- Proven ability to make sound, fact-based decisions, and
- Proven ability to build successful partnerships and negotiation
with product owners and IT on delivering system solutions and
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation
- Experience with Agile software development practices
- Solid understanding of ERP and/or financial systems, including
the development, implementation, testing, and/or maintenance of a
suite of billing & accounting systems
- Wireless Industry experience preferred.
- CPA or Chartered Accountant preferred.
What does a typical day look like? Meetings with project
stakeholders across different functions and organizations to
support requirements elicitation, user acceptance testing, and
pre-/post-launch activities. Regular administrative tasks.
Keywords: eTeam, Overland Park , Business Systems Analyst, Professions , Overland Park, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!